We hope you and your scout(s) have a lot of fun and grow with us each year. This page will help you as you begin your journey.
INITIAL STEPS TO LEADERSHIP:
- Fill out the adult leader form and health forms before your second den meeting and return them to the Cubmaster.
- Please register at myscouting.org and take the youth protection course from HERE. If you are an adult leader, please also take: This is Scouting, Cub Scout Leader Fast Start Training, & Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training.
- Please become a member of our Council Site (President Gerald R. Ford FSC & Northern Trails District) and our Pack Site. Please use our Scoutlander system as much as you can. The pack tech person will set up a den site for you.
- Review THIS site and use THIS site to help plan your den meetings. THIS is a good resource too. Take your leader specific training's HERE.
- Purchase a scout leader tan shirt (men, women) & neckerchief. The pack will provide your neckerchief slide, patches, and shoulder loops. You can get your patches sewn on at the Tailor Shop at 325 E. Lake Street in Petoskey. (231) 348-6453. She loves scouting and only charges us $1 a patch!
- Prepare your den for popcorn sales in October.
- Our pack family camp is held the last weekend in September. Please contact your den and get the Cubmaster a headcount of participants before the 3rd weekend in September.
- We have many exciting events such as the Pinewood Derby, Raingutter Regatta, Space Derby and much more. Be sure to have the kits handed out with plenty of time for the scouts to build them.
- Trailblazer Day is coming in October! It is an awesome day at Camp Greilick in Traverse City. We shoot BB guns, throw tomahawks, bow & arrows, etc. Lunch is provided.