The following are the (typical) basic expenses for a scouting year that the individual Scout is expected to pay. Note, some items are one time purchases and do not repeat. Also, the basic patches and other advancements are provided by the pack funded by our various pack fundraisers. Again, if the Scout is successful in supporting the fundraiser, his Scout account may be able to pay for all of these expenses.
- $25 Scout Shirt (buy it large enough to fit for at least 3-4 years)
- $4 Bay-Lakes Council Patch
- $6 Unit numbers ($1.49/ea) 3,6,0,7
- $2 World Crest Patch
Note you do NOT need to purchase den number or world crest "anniversary ring" patches, or neckerchiefs or neckerchief slides. Most of scouts do not use the den number patch. The world crest "anniversary ring" is entirely optional. The Pack supplies neckerchiefs and slides.
- $10 Belt (esp. 1-3 graders, as they earn awards toward their ranks in the form of belt loops)
- Caps, pants, socks, etc. These make your boy look extra sharp, but are NOT "expected" items in our Pack.
- $24 National Chartering Fee
- $21 Pack Dues (may be waived with fundraising participation)
- $12 Boys Life Magazine (optional)
- $155 Camp (optional)
- $5 - $50 misc. outings (for example: overnighters, bowling, museum, baseball game, etc)
It should be noted that the Pack has resources available to assist those in financial need with these expenses. Contact Pack leadership for more information. Consider donating your boys' uniform to the Pack when he no longer needs it.