Girl Scout destinations fall into five categories: international, outdoors, science, people, and getaways. Facilitated by Girl Scouts of the USA and hosted by individual Girl Scout councils, GSUSA, and contracted organizations, such as Outward Bound, Girl Scout destinations events or trips open girls up to whole new worlds and ideas.
Cactus Pine Council Desination Information:
What are destinations?
A destination is a travel opportunity for teen girls to go somewhere new, meet new people and enjoy new experiences. Trips fall into five categories: international, outdoors, science, people, and getaways events.
- Check out the Destinations for Girls information packet to learn all about the destinations program.
- View available events and download the application form at www.girlscouts.org/forgirls/travel
- Pick your top choices. Complete an individual application form for each selection.
- Print out the reference form and ask two people to write about how great you are.
- Submit your application to the Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus-Pine Council, attention: Program Department.
- Applications and references will be due by the fourth Friday of November.
- You'll find out if you have been accepted to go on your trip from the host council, Girl Guide Association, or private organization. A Girl Scout who is accepted must notify the GSACPC Program Department.
- Be prepared to arrange and pay for transportation, pay a deposit to the host council or organization to hold your space if required.
- If you are accepted and meet the council guidelines for financial assistance, the council will support one trip request during the program year.
After Your Trip
Share your experience with girls who are considering taking a trip next year and offer to speak to a troop, other than your own, in your area about your trip.
Have you gone on an amazing trip with Girl Scouts? Seen jaw-dropping sites? Tell us about it and share your photos!