Any time is a great time to Join Cub Scouts, but the Spring season especially as Summer Camps get you started working on advancement programs for the year.
Here are the next opportunities to connect with Pack 566 in 2018. Plan to visit and learn more about Cub Scouting, or reach out for more information (use the Contact Our Pack link above).
3rd Wednesdays (4/18/2018, 5/16/2018) 6:15PM-7:30PM
Jackson Elementary School
675 NE Estate Dr, Hillsboro, OR 97124
Scouts will enjoy various fun activities while parents can register their new Scouts and enjoy a Q&A session with several of our Pack Leaders
***To join cub scouts, girls and boys must be in 1st - 5th grade.
The process is simple:
- Attend one of our monthly meetings, 3rd Wednesday, at Jackson School Elementary Gym @ 6:15pm.
- Girls must pick up an application from an adult leader, or print one out here: Youth Application. Boys may also apply online.
- Return the application, and pay annual dues - $65.00 for new scouts, $85.00 for yearly renewals (includes optional subscription to Boy's Life magazine)
- Purchase a scout book, uniform, etc. from LaHaies or Council Scout Shop.
LaHaies - 277 E. Main St. Hillsboro, OR 97123 - 503.648.2341
Scout Shop - 2145 SW Naito Pkwy Portland, OR 97201 - 503.243.5022
- You're all set! Parents and guardians: please get familiar with your child's scout book, since you'll be actively giving credit for your scout's achievements, along with their Den Leader.
- If you have any questions.... use the 'Contact our Pack' link at the top of this page.
- Blue shirt for Tigers, Wolves, and Bears. Webelos (4th & 5th grade) may wear either the Blue shirt or Tan shirt with blue shoulder loops.
- Neckerchief for appropriate rank.
- Tie clasp for appropriate rank.
- Council shoulder patch.
- Red numerals - 566.
- Purple World Scout Crest Emblem.
- Den numeral or Webelos Patrol Patch (see den leader).
- Scout book for appropriate rank.
The following is optional:
- Hat for appropriate rank.
- Cub Scout belt.
- Scout pants or shorts.
- Scout socks.
**Another option is to purchase uniform pieces from eBay or Craigslist. Please let us know if cost is an issue.