We are proud of the traditions of Troop 74 and we are building on the traditions for the future. Troop 74 has been in existence for 56 (1958-2014) years.
We are working hard to keep the spirit of Scouting alive. We want this Troop to be known as one that goes places and does things. We feel that the activities of scouting attract boys to the program to have fun. While they are having fun, it provides opportunities for them to grow in character and learn values that will help them throughout life.
History of Troop 74
Mr. Marcus Yeakel, first Scoutmaster and the man who started Troop 74 is proud that Troop 74 has served so many boys over the years. The Troop was chartered in July 1958, and sponsored by Bushkill United Methodist Church, Wind Gap, Pennsylvania. The church has sponsored the Troop for 46 of its’ 56 year history. Aluta Mill Lodge of the Odd Fellows, Nazareth, Pennsylvania, sponsored the Troop for 2 years and the Bushkill Township Fire Company sponsored the Troop for 2 years as well.
There have been 15 Scoutmasters and 18 Committe Chairs in the history of Troop 74 from 1958-2008. The Troop has served hundreds of boys over the years. We are pleased that 78 of these boys were able to complete the rank of Eagle Scout as young men. Their Eagle Scout Projects assisted many religious, civic and public non-profit groups.
The values and good turns done by boys served by Troop 74 over the years is our Troop’s legacy of its 56 years. Troop 74 has appreciated the service of the many adult leaders over the years, who have guided and assisted in the operation of Troop 74.
Troop 74 looks forward to the next 50 years and more of service to our community and its’ boys.