We all want the best for our children. Cub Scouts are taught that Akela means a good leader. In our Pack, the Cubmaster is Akela and the Scouts are instructed to honor Akela by listening to the Cubmaster and follow the path of the Cub Scout Trail. At the same time, Akela, is not just the Cubmaster; it is every one of you….At home and at school. Much can be learned by listening to our ideas and following our examples of service, honor, and always thinking "What is best for our boys?". We give much of his time and energy to ensure that the boys are having a good time in accordance with the policies of the Boy-Scouts of America.
However, every Pack, Den, and Committee runs on a volunteer basis. This is our special way to give back to our kids and this gift is; our time. We give our time to attend trainings, plan and attend den meetings, meet with other Pack Leaders, attend committee meetings, go out on field trips, look for and try out new ideas, plan picnics/banquets, calling parents and interacting with our boys. This time is well-spent with our sons and helps to mold our Cub Scouts into the type of men we wish them to become--Strong in mind and character, responsible, giving men who strive to do their best and possess a desire for continued growth.
Here is a list of the various pack committee functions. Please see position descriptions at the end of this page (PDF file) link.
- Chartered Organization Representative
- Pack Committee Chair
- Assistant Cubmaster
- Tiger Cub Den Leader
- Cub Scout Den Leader
- Assistant Cub Scout Den Leader
- Webelos Den Leader
- Assistant Webelos Den Leader
- Advancement Chair / Trainer
- Public Relations Chair / Photographer
- Outdoor Activity Chair
- Membership and Re-registration Chair
- Friends of Scouting (FOS) Chair
- Webmaster & Newsletter Coordinator
- Pack Historian
- Activity Badge Counselor
- Blue & Gold Banquet Coordinator
- Pinewood Derby Coordinator
- Raingutter Regatta Captain
- Cub Scout Day Camp Coordinator
- Campout Coordinator
- Popcorn Kernel / Fundraising Coordinator
- Den Parent Volunteer (Den Mom or Den Dad)
***Click on the attached PDF file at the bottom of this page to see the full position description.