The Religious Emblem program was developed by Scouters and Church leaders as a way to deepen the faith and understanding of our Scouts.
- These medals can be worn on Scout uniforms.
- They can be earned as individuals but are often accomplished in a group of Scouts.
- Counselors can be found to work with any interested Youth in practically any denomination.
Books and resources are available via the Scout Shop but there are many resources online:
- BSA information and resources can be found at https://www.scouting.org/awards/religious-awards/
- Visit the Programs of Religious Activities with Youth (P.R.A.Y.) website for more information on Youth and Adult programs/awards. https://www.praypub.org/bsa
Additional online resources include:
National Catholic Committee on Scouting: www.nccs-bsa.org
Publications are available via the Scout Shop:
"A Scout is Reverent" booklet (item 5-961) is a resource for Scout Sunday observance in Protestant and other churches. There is a service outlined with songs and readings.
"Scouts Worship" is a pocket sized booklet of materials that can be used in a variety of worship settings.
If you are interested in any
of the many religious emblem programs, please see Kathy Lull (firstname.lastname@example.org
or 757-572-3882), Marie Kane (Pa2Va96@cox.net
or 757-427-3860) for more information.