What do Girl Scouts do? The answer is almost anything a girl would like to do! The Girl Scout Leadership Experience is girl-driven, reflecting the ever-changing needs and interests of participating girls. It provides girls with a wide variety of leadership opportunities.Girls discover themselves, connect with others and take action to make the world a better place.
A girl-focused attitude puts FUN and FRIENDSHIP into all Girl Scout activities. Program activities are grade-appropriate and based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, as well as on the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
We have a place for you . . .
What did you do today? What will you do tomorrow?
In Girl Scouting, you will find lots of things to do! Girl Scouts are on the go, exploring new places, connecting to exciting people, and taking action in ways that allow them to make a difference in the world. Girl Scouts map out a Girl Scout Leadership Experience that is customized just for them. Girls include one or more Pathways, Journeys, earn badges and awards, participate in the cookie program and more!
The six Girl Scout Pathways are the ways that girls participate in Girl Scouting. Girls can choose one, all or some of these Pathways within a single year. The Pathways are designed to offer girls choices that are flexible and meet changing needs of girls and their families from day to day, week to week, month to month and year to year. If a girl can think it, chances are a girl can do it! The Pathways from which to choose are troop, series, travel, camp, event and virtual.
Here are some things to consider when choosing one or more of the Pathways:
- Camp. Do you want to learn more about nature and the environment? Hike? Bike? Canoe? You can choose to camp by day or overnight.
- Events. Do you have more than one passion? Maybe horses. And web design. And photography. You can attend events centered on activities that interest you most.
- Program Guide - Council sponsored events, grouped by grade levels
- Out and About - Events and activities presented by Girl Scouts of the USA, other Girl Scout councils and outside organizations.
- Series. Do you love dance? Chess? The environment? Lots of other girls do, too. Explore your interests together in a way that fits your schedule.
- Travel. Pack your bags. Girl Scouts are going places. Whether it’s a trip across town or around the word, the adventure will stay with you forever.
- Troop. Do you want to meet regularly with other girls and share amazing experiences? Make a difference in your community and the world. And have lots of fun!
- Virtual. Girl Scouting via the Internet? Hey, it’s 2011. Virtual Girl Scouts are using technology in new and exciting ways that bring girls from everywhere together.