Your Son, Scouting, and
As a parent we want our sons to
grow up to be self sufficient,
dependable and caring individuals.
These are all the types of characteristics that
scouting will teach your son. Most of us sign our
sons up to join scouting because of the history we
have with the scouting tradition and possibly our
own memories of scouting. However, the boys join
for another reason….. They join to have FUN!!!
How can we make the scouting program work for
your son, you and the pack? One word
….PARTICIPATE! Try and come out to as much
as you possibly can.
The difference between Pack 173 and other
• The majority of events we plan are for the
• Everyone is invited to our Pack meetings
• Parents are expected to remain active and participate
right along with your son.
• We don’t charge monthly dues to be a scout,
only the annual registration fee.
• Each den will have a den chief (boy scout) to
help out with den meetings