Merit Badge Adventure
Saturday, November 19, 2016
Midlakes High School
1554 State Road Route 488, Clifton Springs, NY 14432 (20 miles east of Eastview Mall in Victor, NY; along Route 96.)
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Event Fee for Scouts: $7.00 per scout (or $12.00 if pre-ordering pizza lunch*)
8:00 AM - Check In (Doors open AT 8:00 AM - NO early birds!)
8:30 AM - Opening Ceremony
9:00 AM - Noon - Morning Session for Scouts' merit badges, Adult BSA Training, Midway or Scout Shop.
Noon - 1:00 PM - Lunch (bring your own or pre-order $5.00 pizza lunch.)
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Afternoon Session for Scouts' merit badges, Adult BSA Training, or Midway. Scout Shop is until 3:00 PM.
*$5.00 lunch includes 2 slices of pizza, apple, cookie and beverage. (Choice of cheese or pepperoni pizza.)
Adults CAN pre-order pizza lunch for $5.00 per person. Pre-ordered leftovers sold for $1.00/drink or $1.00/slice.
Merit Badge Adventure Must Know:
- Pre-registration is required for our event and done via Tentaroo annually: https://www.senecawaterways.org/mba
- Scouts will only be allowed to sign up for ONE Eagle required merit badge. (Only those Scouts that have earned their Star of Life rank, will be allowed to sign up for two Eagle required merit badges.) Remember - A Scout is Trustworthy!
- When seat are filled, session is closed so get your registrations in early! Counselors cannot add Scouts to their sessions.
- Payment is required by the deadline date annually. NO extensions! (If payment is made to our Council Service Center, one must use the Merit Badge Adventure payment Form to avoid routing mishaps.)
- No refunds issued!
- No walk-ins allowed. (Defeats the BSA motto 'Be Prepared'.)
- Two Deep Leadership is required from EACH troop, per BSA Youth Protection Policy, which does not count the Merit Badge Adventure Committee and the many volunteers who are busy making an enjoyable experience for all. (For individual Scouts not attending with a Troop unit (group), an adult must remain in the building with their scout at all times.)
Our event depends heavily on Volunteers so please consider lending a helping hand on event day! Merit Badge Adventure Committee welcomes everyone, regardless if first timer or experienced! Remember, many hands make light work for all! please don't be shy and use the 'Contact Out Troop' button above to let us know you'd like to help.
Merit Badge Counselors are a huge demand for our event and many come back again and again. Want to learn the ropes of being a Merit Badge Counselor by watching and helping another Counselor? Want to run sessions yourself as a Counselor? Please use the 'Contact Our Troop' button above today. We recruit about 40+ Counselors annually.
For email updates, consider joining the Merit BAdge Adventure e-list but sending a blank email with 'subscribe' in the subject heading to Seneca.MBA@gmail.com.
Remember at our event -- A Scout is Courteous! A Scout is Kind! A Scout is Helpful! Your help is needed to make an enjoyable experience for all at Merit Badge Adventure.
MB Adventure = acronym for Merit Badge Adventure