Cub scouting is a shared journey for all of us... for our scouts, our families and our leaders. It is not only an opportunity to be your son’s teacher, guide, confidant and cheerleader…but his hero too. The activities and events you and your scout will share together are hard to come by in our incredibly busy and highly connected digital world. Scouting creates opportunities to bond and interact with your son and a chance to create traditions and life long memories.
We welcome you to join more than 1.5 million boys across America as a Cub Scout. Click Contact Our Pack at the top of this page to request more information or to come check us out.
You might ask... What do Cub Scouts do?
Above all else Cub Scouts have fun....with a purpose, including:
- Cub Scouts earn awards and achieve ranks
- Cub Scouts build character and develop life skills
- Cub Scouts go camping and learn to respect nature
- Cub Scouts play sports and learn teamwork
- Cub Scouts swim in lakes and learn to boat and canoe
- Cub Scouts go hiking and protect nature through “Leave No Trace” practices
- Cub Scouts learn archery, marksmanship, arts and crafts, skits and songs
- Cub Scouts serve their community and practice skills learned in scouting
- Cub Scouts visit and tour cool and exciting places and meet fun and interesting people
Cub Scout Pack 190 is based in Sherman Oaks, California and offers a year-round program designed to meet the needs of young boys and their families. We have fun, host challenging activities, honor achievements, promote character development and encourage physical fitness.
Parental guidance and involvement is key to success of the Cub Scout organization. We count on parents to support values of honesty, bravery, respect, citizenship, compassion, courage and more. Cub Scouting is truly time well spent.
Cub Scouts is for boys entering 1st grade and carries on through 5th grade. After 5th grade our scouts move on to become Boy Scouts.
Our sponsor organization is Church of the Chimes in Sherman Oaks. Our scouts come from a number of schools around the San Fernando Valley and represent diversity by every measure.
Cub Scouts®. Do Your Best. Have Fun Doing It.
| || |
Pack 190 is part of the Cahuenga District
Western Los Angeles County Council
Learn more at http://bsa-la.org/